Grants & Loans
Competent Experience To Find The Right Funding
We make it a point to sift through all the requirements of the hundreds of available grant opportunities to help our clients get the most from grant and loan programs. Some of our clients have been able to qualify for grants on a repeated basis for as long as ten years to fund projects to improve their communities. Our experience helps clients know what they qualify for and that we can cut the red tape to get projects funded.
In the last three years, Wightman has administered over 80 projects that were funded with approximately $41 million in grants and $51 million low interest loans.
We realize the importance of minimizing up-front costs and leveraging funding opportunities to maximize the amount of grant money received and a the increased number of projects a community can complete, all in the effort to improve and sustain the viability of a community.
Our proven process has helped clients receive funding from numerous agencies including the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG), Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), Michigan Drinking Water Revolving Fund(DWRF), Michigan Department of Natural Resources & Environment (MDNRE), Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund (MNRTF) Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF), Sewer Revolving Funds (SRF), and USDA-Rural Development.
The following is a list of our top grant and/or low interest loan programs:
- Stormwater, Asset Management and Wastewater (SAW) Grant and Loan Program
- USDA Rural Development Water and Evironmental
- MDEQ State Revolving Fund (SRF)
- Drinking Water Revolving Fund Program (DWRF)
- MDEQ Wellhead Protection Program
- MDEQ Clean Michigan Initiative
- MEDC Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Federal Economic Development Authority (EDA)
- MDOT Safety High Risk Rural Road Program
- MDOT Transportation Enhancement Program
- MDOT ISTEA
- MDOT TEA-21
- MDOT “A”, “D”, “STP” Funds
- MDOT State Infrastructure Bank (SIB)
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources Land Acquisition
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources Recreational Funds
- Michigan SDA Rural Development
- USDA RD Comunity Facilities
- BIA IRR
- BIA ICDBG